This premier eye care center—located at 1411 North Beckley Avenue, Suite 460, Pavilion III, Dallas, Texas 75203—attributes its success to outstanding customer service and fervent patient loyalty. The warm contemporary office houses the absolute latest technology for advanced medical diagnosis and treatment. The goal is to ease patient anxiety and approach both diagnosis and treatment as a patient-centered team. This team approach enables the patient to understand his/her condition, the available treatment methods/alternatives, and have all questions answered. The first priority of The Hargrave Eye Center is the physical and emotional well being of patients.
The Hargrave Eye Center offers comprehensive eye care and is able to treat patients in many areas of ophthalmology including cornea and external disease, cataract and refractive surgery, glaucoma, uveitis, diabetes and patients taking high risk medications for arthritis, lupus, or collagen vascular disease. Routine screening for glasses and contact lenses is also performed and the affiliated H Eyewear Gallery has eyewear for every budget.
Hargrave Eye Center Philosophy
At The Hargrave Eye Center, patients are encouraged to actively participate in the decision-making process about their medical treatment. Ophthalmic conditions/crises can be frightening and patients and their guardians can often feel overwhelmed. Dr. Hargrave works with her patients to dispel anxiety and fear. Together, Dr. Hargrave and her patients can then focus on the ultimate goal: returning patients to wellness.
The Hargrave Eye Center is a “one-stop” eye-care destination. Dr. Hargrave realizes that one size does not fit all regarding health care and works together with patients to customize a specific treatment plan for each patient. With the use of the NextGen Electronic Medical Record, a written customized patient plan is developed at every visit and can be printed and given to the patient before they leave the office. Use of this system has been shown to improve patient compliance with the medical regimen.
Medicine is rapidly changing and The Hargrave Eye Center continues to grow with these changes. Patients play a critical role in their care. With the adoption of the i-MAC® visual acuity assessment system, The Hargrave Eye Center has incorporated Apple® technology in the assessment of the visual acuity of every patient. This system is the latest, most modern form of visual acuity assessment. Thus self-contained system incorporated an Apple® i27 on piece computer monitor system that allows the examiner to rapidly navigate through an infinite number of visual acuity chart combination. It is also linked to EyeMotion® which have dozens of illustrated ophthalmic videos that explain many common eye conditions in a way that help with understanding.
Ophthalmology at Hargrave Eye Center
No matter where you receive your healthcare, there are certain questions that you should be able to discuss with your doctor. These are the 10 Important Questions to Ask:
- What do you think is causing my problem?
- Is there more than one condition (disease) that could be causing my problem?
- What tests will you do to diagnose the problem and which of the conditions is present?
- How good are the tests for diagnosing the problem and the conditions?
- How safe are the tests?
- What is the likely course of this condition? What is the long-term outlook with and without treatment?
- What are my treatment options? How effective is each treatment option? What are the benefits versus risks of each treatment option?
- If my symptoms worsen, what should I do on my own? When should I contact you?
- Are you aware of each of the medications that I am taking? Can they adversely interact with the medications you are prescribing for me?
- Should we monitor for side effects of the medications that you are prescribing or for their interactions with other medications I am taking?
Surgery at Hargrave Eye Center
Many patients are referred to The Hargrave Eye Center for surgery. Dr. Hargrave will spend as much time as needed with the patient to explain the proposed surgical procedure, answer all questions, and try to alleviate any anxiety that the patient may have surrounding the procedure. Despite surgical technological advances, ophthalmic surgery requires the utmost skill. There are many surgeons performing eye surgery; however, not all surgeries are done safely. One must be aware of who is performing the procedure, the surgeon’s credentials and training, the surgeon’s outcomes after surgery and the willingness of the surgeon to discuss the risks/benefits/alternatives of the surgery before the procedure is scheduled.
The Hargrave Eye Center wants every patient to be informed prior to the surgery, so Dr. Hargrave compiled this List of the Top 5 Questions To Ask Your Eye Surgeon:
- Are you the one who performs my entire surgical procedure?
- Are you the one who will care for me before, during, and after the procedure?
- Regarding cataract surgery, will you explain the different lens implants available and their advantages/disadvantages?
- Is this an office that sees thousands of patients and will treat me like a number?
- Do you offer comprehensive eyecare or do you just perform LASIK or cataract surgery?
- People need to know what to look for and what to be aware of when considering eye surgery. Dr. Hargrave will make sure that they have the best, most current, research based information available.
5-Star Yelp Reviews for Hargrave Eye Center
“I’ve been here now for ten years and there is no better place for my eye exams and glasses. They’ve got the best stuff and stand by their products, service and staff. I’m often complimented on my frames and have even worn them on some of my acting and print gigs. Jennifer Aniston, Zooey Deschanel and Steven Bauer all complimented my glasses…”
“I had a great experience with Dr. Hargrave and her staff. They went above and beyond with my insurance to make sure my contacts were covered as they should [be].”
“The staff is very kind and personable. The wait was minimal. Dr. Hargrave was very sweet and genuinely cares about your health.”
“This office is beautiful! Dr. Hargrave and her staff are so very sweet. They all know what they are doing. I am very picky about my eyewear and the selection this office has is so fabulous. There is something for everyone. Highly recommend.”
“I have been a patient of Dr. Hargrave for the past 2-3 years. She is an exceptional ophthalmologist and I highly recommend her. Her bedside manner is superb. She is easy to talk to and explains the medical jargon in layman’s terms. You won’t feel rushed.”
“I have been a patient of Dr. Hargrave for five years now and she is always professional and always answers any questions I have related to my eye exam. The staff is always courteous and friendly.”